Christmas is just around the corner and nothing is better than the smell of cinnamon and gingerbread taking over your home! But if you’re worried about the unhealthy fats and refined sugar in conventional Christmas goodies, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this Gingerbread Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe.
Image source: apple-of-my-eye.com
Great for a quick breakfast, a light afternoon snack, or a warm and hearty dessert, these muffins taste of pure Christmas, and will be a guaranteed hit at any event. Stay tuned for a vegan-and-gluten-free version that we will be posting soon!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
Author: Keikei Yip
Makes 6 servings
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/8 cup maple syrup/ coconut nectar/ brown rice syrup
3 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts, dried fruits
Additional ground cinnamon or ginger
Image source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 175C.
- Spray your muffin tin with non-stick baking spray, or divide your muffin liners into the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, Himalayan rock salt, and the ground spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined, and all the coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Create a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, and slowly pour the wet ingredients in. Stir until just combined.
- If you are using chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, or other add-ins, fold them into the batter (be careful not to over-mix!).
- Divide the batter into 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the muffins.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack before devouring!
Image source: minimalistbaker.com
For more Christmassy goodness (that you don’t have to make yourself!), check out our limited edition Christmas Specials Range! Be sure to order before December 20th to receive your items before Christmas!